Friday 11 September 2015

Celestial styling - DIY Kmart Hack

This is just a quickie to share a recent up-cycle I completed. This is my first step towards preparing the babies nursery. Pictures of the nursery will come when it is complete.
 
I bought this fine looking bargain of a marquee light from Kmart, however the black was a bit moody for the light pretty nursery look I was going for, so something had to be done.
 
 
 
To transform this to a prettier shade I picked up this can of spray paint from Riot Art for around $12.00.
 
 
 
The challenge now was to find a way to ensure the white light bulbs don't end up covered in spray paint. Enter the most unlikely craft hack ever, Water balloons!! While I would like to take credit for this act of genius, I stumbled across this in the wonderful world of Insta some months ago.
 
 


This balloon I cut too short. It needs to be cut just below the skinny point so that it sits snug around the globe like in the image below.


 
  
Looks quite pretty with all the colours!!


 

 Now it's time to spray.


 
Spray your star outside, away from anything that could get discoloured. It is advisable to wear a mask. Leave it for a day to dry properly.
 
 
Here is the outcome! Not too shabby for an afternoon's work and now the perfect temperament for the nursery. Actually, it dried a touch darker than I was going for but it will work all the same.
 
I will share this sweet celestial with you when it is sitting pretty in the nursery once I am done.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment