Friday 13 February 2015

The blank canvas

The most exciting project I have on the go this year is the building of our dream home (within our budget). The planning stage of our new home went smoothly, swiftly and was a tonne of fun.
 
Before getting too excited about the prospect of a new home we had the emotional task of saying goodbye to the humble abode that was our home for the last 7 years. This was the home that saw us through many firsts. The first years of our married life and the beginnings of our little family. So much joy, laughter, tears and fears were shared within those walls, it's easy to get sentimental about pulling it down.
 
Our reasons for rebuilding as opposed to renovating were many, with the pros outweighing the cons. The process of pulling down the house was surprisingly quick and brutal  which was quite the thrill for our four year old boy. You can see why it was so ruthless with the size of the machinery. The house never stood a chance!

The bulldozer dwarfs the house

There she goes... 


And just like that...rubble!

In the end I am left with this big, beautiful, blank canvas. I can't wait to watch the house grow and I look forward to sharing the progress of the building with you as the house takes shape. To my absolute glee with a new home comes the need for redecorating and fresh styling which is already making me giddy with excitement. I will be planning, selecting and collecting styling ideas and room inspirations that I adore and sharing those along the way.


The Blank Canvas awaits
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment